Wednesday, September 23, 2009

NEWFOUNDLAND MOOSE HUNT - AN SCI RECORD



THE IS A BULL I TOOK WITH SAM'S HUNTING & FISHING CAMPS IN NEWFOUNDLAND IN SEPT. 2009. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST HUNT I HAVE EVER BEEN ON. THE BULL HAD A 48 3/4 INCH SPREAD; 22 SCOREABLE POINTS, 13 INCH PALMS; 29 + MAIN BEAMS; 9 3/4 INCH BASES; AND WAS ESTIMATED TO BE 7-8 YEARS OLD.
IT'S OFFICIAL !!!
MY EASTERN CANADA MOOSE SCORED 343 1/8TH SAFARI CLUB INTERNATIONAL(SCI) RECORD BOOK AS A SILVER MEDALLION.

EQUIPMENT: REMINGTON MODEL 700 IN 300 WIN MAG AND SCOPED WITH A HAWKE OPTICS' ENDURANCE 30IR (3-12X50). A "DEADLY" COMBINATION

IF YOU WANT TO HUNT MOOSE, CALL SAM'S AT 1-709-898-2535. AND IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE HUNT DROP ME AND EMAIL

2 comments:

  1. Nice moose! I myself traveled to The Rock this year and was able to harvest a 15 point bull with a 46 inch spread. This was my first moose hunt and I had the time of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ed,

    Beautiful animal and more beautiful rack. I am Shermans mother. Sherman being the young lad that was your guide for the moose hunt at Sams camp. I am so proud of my son for helping you get such a beautiful animal. He is my pride and joy as is my daughter. He is with me in Ontario right now and I am enjoying every minute of it. If you want to email pictures you can do so to my email address its angelitapayne@hotmail.com. I would love to have a picture of that animal to frame.

    ReplyDelete